ALESSANDRO MONTI, Ph.D.
Alessandro graduated in law with the title of “Magister Iuris” at the Leopold-Franzens Universität of Innsbruck in 2015, with a thesis on corporate responsibility in international crimes. He completed his legal traineeship in a well-established law firm in Rome, specialized in public and private international law, as well as in one of the main law firms in Trento, where he focused on cross-border contracts and disputes across Italy, Austria and Germany. Moreover, he carried out a judicial internship at the bankruptcy and criminal divisions of the Court of Innsbruck.
He was admitted to the Italian bar in 2018.
In 2021, he obtained a double-degree Ph.D. (Ph.D. Doktoratsstudium Italienisches Recht) at the Universities of Innsbruck and Padua, with a dissertation in international environmental and economic law on the promotion of renewable energy in international trade law. His doctoral thesis has been awarded the Herbert Tumpel-Preis by the Theodor Körner Fonds.
Since 2021, he is employed as postdoctoral researcher and lecturer in International Law at the University of Copenhagen.
He is fluent in English, Italian and German, and has a good knowledge of Danish.
- Monti, A., The Mutual Supportiveness of International Climate and Trade Law for the Promotion of Renewable Energy (PhD thesis), Edward Elgar (forthcoming 2022).
- Monti, A., International trade disputes on renewable energy, in: Jakob, M. (ed), Handbook on Trade Policy and Climate Change, Edward Elgar (forthcoming 2021).
- Monti A. and Fermeglia M., Completing the unfinished Achmea business in the Komstroy case: farewell to intra-EU ECT-based investment arbitration?, Op-Ed, EU Law Live 17 September 2021.
- Monti A. and Martinez Romera, B., Fifty shades of binding: appraising the enforcement toolkit for the EU’s 2030 renewable energy targets, in Review of European, Comparative and International Environmental Law 29(2) (2020), 221-231.
- Monti, A. and Polugodina, M. – Biofuels and biogas policies: economic, regulatory and sustainability challenges – in: Leal Filho, W. et al (eds), Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals: Affordable and Clean Energy, Springer, Switzerland (2020), 1-18.
Ask our lawyers
Set an appointment!
The first meeting is free.